I was planning on making salmon for dinner tonight, but I was just tired of our normal salmon dinner so I created this Salmon Shepards Pie. I love one-dish wonders and the Queso in the center is a delight.
Feel free to change the veggies out to veggies that you like. Corn, cauliflower, and asparagus would all work great! Round out your meal with a side salad and gluten and dairy-free rolls!
Salmon Shepards PieCourse: Dinner
1 pound of wild salmon- skin removed
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen carrots
1 cup frozen broccoli
1 1/2 cups Queso
4 large potatoes- peeled and chopped into 1″ pieces
1/4 Macadamia nut milk- amount may vary depending on the size of your potatoes
Onion- sliced thin
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat ove to 400 degrees.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a saute’ pan and add onions, saute’ on medium/low heat until tender.
- Add onions, broccoli, peas, carrots, and chopped salmon to your baking dish. Pour Queso over it and stir it together.
- Boil a pot of water and add your chopped potatoes. Boil until tender. Drain and add to a mixer bowl with salt, pepper, macadamia nut milk and blend until you have mashed potatoes. Spoon over your casserole and smooth out flat.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley over the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the salmon is cooked.
Looking for more delicious dinner recipes? Check out these easy and delicious recipes.