Well, it happened again, I am craving chocolate! So I decided to make paleo brownies and keep the ingredients as healthy as I could and I succeeded! They are so yummy, moist, chocolatey without being overpowering, just the right amount of sweetness, and easy to make. The texture is what you would expect from a regular brownie but these are gluten and dairy-free! These would be fun to make with the kids.
Simply add all the wet ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. Then add the dry ingredients and combine. Grease two five-inch ramekins with coconut spray and split the batter between them. If you desire toppings you can add walnuts, chocolate chips, coconut, etc. Either sprinkle on top or mix into the batter. My husband loves walnuts and I don’t so mine had chocolate chips and his walnuts, perfect for picky eaters!
Let’s talk frosting! I love easy and easy is exactly what this frosting is. Just add 4 tablespoons of coconut cream and 2 tablespoons of dairy-free chocolate chips to a pan and stir until melted, then pour over your brownies. My husband doesn’t like chocolate frosting, I don’t know what’s wrong with him, so only my brownie got a good portion of frosting. This would be amazing with dairy-free ice cream. As you can see it’s simply a beautiful thing. Enjoy!!
Paleo BrowniesCourse: Dessert
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp almond milk- unsweetened
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp coconut oil or vegan butter-melted
3 tbsp date sugar– sifted to remove lumps
3 tbsp almond flour– sifted to remove any lumps
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking salt
1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
Toppings: dairy free chocolate chips, walnuts, coconut etc
4 tbsp coconut cream
2 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips
- Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and combine.
- Add all dry ingredients except toppings to the wet and combine.
- Spray 2 5″ ramekins with coconut spray.
- Divide the batter between the two ramekins. Add toppings as desired and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the brownie is cooking making your frosting by melting 4 tbsp of coconut cream and chocolate chips, stirring until combined. When brownie is cooled pour on the frosting.
- If you want less sugar you can use 2 tbsp of date sugar
Looking for more yummy chocolate recipes? Check out these yummies!
This recipe was inspired by Joy Food Sunshine.