Flax Seed Bread- Gluten & Dairy-Free
I love bread and I love how this Flax Seed Bread- Gluten & Dairy-Free holds together. It toasts well, bakes well, makes excellent sandwich bread, and tastes yummy! Plus it’s healthy for you!
Health Benefits of Flaxseed
This is super easy….. Preheat your over to 350 degrees. In a mixer bowl add all of the dry ingredients and stir to combine them. Then just add your wet ingredients and mix to combine everything together. Let it sit for about 4 minutes so the flaxseed can absorb the wet ingredients. While you’re letting it rest grease a bread pan. Add your batter to the bread pan and bake it for 30 minutes. Check for doneness after 30 minutes by inserting a toothpick into the bread, if it comes out clean then your bread is done, if not it needs to bake a little longer. Add 5 minutes at a time until the toothpick comes out clean.
Gluten-free bread can be a little dense and flatter BUT if you want taller bread I would recommend this bread pan, it’s the bomb! It’s longer and thinner so gluten-free bread comes out taller.
Unfortunately, there is no replacement for the eggs in this recipe. But you can replace the apple sauce with avocado or extra virgin olive oil but it will increase the calories, ALOT. You can not taste the apple sauce in this recipe. You can replace the egg yolks with just egg white, so use seven egg whites instead of five egg whites and two whole eggs.
Flax Seed Bread- Gluten & Dairy-FreeCourse: Breakfast, Dinner, Keto, Lunch, Paleo, Refined Sugar Free, Snacks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bread pan and set aside.
- Add all your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until combine.
- Add your wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Let your batter sit for a few minutes so the flax seed can absorb the moisture.
- Pour batter into your bread pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, check for doneness by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean the bread is done. If not done add 5-10 minutes to your bake time.
This recipe has been modified from the flax bread recipe on Sparkpeople.com
If you like this recipe give my other bread recipes a try!