I’ve been playing with this recipe for a week and I am still not tired of it. This delicious almond shortcake is really easy to make – which is what I’m all about!
Chop 2 cups of strawberries, add 2 tbsp of date sugar and mix well. Let sit for about 1 hour. This allows the sugar and strawberries macerate, and the berries will become soft.
In your blender bowl, add King Arthur Gluten-Free Flour, salt, baking powder, and date sugar. Mix until blended, making sure the date sugar isn’t chunky.
Add the egg, milk, oil, and almond extract to the bowl and blend into the flour mixture. Grease a muffin pan and add the mixture to the muffin tin filling about halfway. Yield: approximately 9 shortcakes.
Bake in the oven at 375 for 16-18 minutes. Check for doneness after 16 minutes.
Top with my dairy-free whipped cream and strawberries. Your guests will be very impressed and don’t tell them its a gluten and dairy-free dessert!
Try blueberries for another fun topping. In a saucepan heat 1 cup of frozen blueberries and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Let simmer until warm then add to your shortcake with whipped cream.
Almond ShortcakeCourse: DessertCuisine: DessertDifficulty: Medium
1 1/4 cups King Arthur Gluten Free Flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup (softened but not hot) coconut oil
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup date sugar
For strawberry topping:
2 cups chopped strawberries
2 tbsp date sugar or cane sugar
- Cut 2 cups of strawberries and mix with 2 tbsp of date sugar. Set aside for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, date sugar.
- Mix egg, milk, oil and almond extract in a separate bowl. Add to your flour mixture.
- Grease a muffin tin and fill cups about 1/2 way full. You should get 9.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 16-18 minutes. Check after 16 minutes and cook in increments of 2 minutes until done.
- Let cool, slice open down the middle and top with berries and whipped cream.
This blog contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission from the sale of that product. All information and sources are based on my opinion; you should do your own research before using any of the products listed on our site or blog. Do not use the information found on our site to treat a condition, please consult your doctor.