Summer is coming and this cheesecake is the perfect hot summer day treat. Perfect to pair with a glass of strawberry lemonade while sitting by the pool. It’s very easy to make, so if you aren’t an experienced baker you can do this! I have kept my cheesecake for up to two weeks in the freezer, I just cut off a slice as I want one. Plus, you don’t have to bake it so it won’t heat up the house during the hot months!
The day before you make this add 2 cups of raw cashews to a bowl of hot water, make sure the water covers all the nuts, cover, and leave on the counter then go to bed. When you get up strain the cashews to remove the water and rinse, and set aside.
In a food processor add all of your crust ingredients and pulse until it is chopped up, resembling bread crumbs.
Next spray a 9″ springform pan with coconut spray, get the sides and bottom well coated, this makes for easier removal. Then press the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan.
Next, add all the cheesecake ingredients to a high powered blender, I use a Vitamix. Blend until its smooth and there are no lumps.
All that’s left to do is pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust and spread it so it’s smooth. Place flat in your freezer for 2-3 hours. I like to make mine in the morning and leave it in the freezer all day, then we have it for dessert after dinner.
Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before you are going to slice your cheesecake, let it rest on the counter. Remove the ban from your pan by unlocking it and removing it slowly. Then very carefully slide a long knife under the cheesecake to loosen it. If you want to put your cheesecake on a serving platter very carefully use two or three large spatulas and move to a platter. Then slice and serve.
Feel free to make changes to the cheesecake. Use different fruits, use whats fresh and in season or grab a bag of frozen fruit. I use frozen berries because it’s easier but this is a great way to use up berries that may be go bad before you can eat them.
Also change up the nuts in the crust! I used 1/2 a cup of walnuts and 1/2 a cup of pecans. Just make sure that you have one cup of nuts.
You could also make these in a muffin tin and have individual cheesecake bites or make them in small mason jars so everyone has their own jar, nothing to slice! Enjoy!
Strawberry CheesecakeCourse: Desserts
1 cup dates
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup shredded coconut
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 cups strawberries- I use frozen but fresh works too
13.5 ounce can coconut cream
1 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups cashews
- Boil water and pour over 2 cups of cashews, soak covered over night or at least 8 hours.
- Add all the crust ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it resembles bread crumbs. Spray 9″ springform pan with coconut oil to grease the pan, get the bottom and sides well, press crust into the pan, you want the crust to be pressed firmly so it doesn’t crumble when removed.
- Add all of the cake ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Once smooth and there are no lumps, pour over the crust in the pan. Smooth out the top so it’s even.
- Cover and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours until firm. When ready to serve remove from the fridge for 30 minutes to soften. Store in the freezer.
- You can substitute other nuts for the crust, just make sure you have 1 cup total for the nuts.