I woke up one day and wanted something different for breakfast so I started creating a granola recipe that is low in sugar and very healthy.
This recipe is very healthy for you and has lots of the healthy omegas that we all need in the flaxseed, chia seeds and coconut oil.
First, if you don’t like using sweetener stick with the recipe as is, only 2 tablespoons of honey is used with 2 packets of stevia. If you want it a little sweeter use 1/4- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup and remove the stevia.
Some people have trouble with oats and bloating, I would recommend trying this brand, they are sprouted which makes for easier digestion.
So let’s make some granola, it’s so easy that you’ll wonder why you’ve never made it before.
Add everything but the chocolate chips to a bowl. Stir until coated. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly layer your granola mixture. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, stir, then bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and if browned to your liking it’s done! If it needs to brown a little more add an additional 5 minutes. Let it cool completely if you are adding chocolate chips add them now. If you don’t let it cool your chips will melt.
Add to yogurt, top waffles, muffins, use as a pie stopping, roll peeled bananas in it- your kids will love that, make a cobbler, there are so many options for granola!
Gluten-Free GranolaCourse: Breakfast
2 cup oats
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped cashews
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tbsp honey
2 packets of stevia
1/2 Cup Quinoa flakes
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla– This is my favorite brand and the cheapest
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup chopped dates– I love these and they are a great price
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips-optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a mixing bowl and blend with the honey. Make sure everything is coated.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, which makes for easy cleanup. Add everything but the chocolate chips to the cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Once your granola is crunchy remove from the heat and let cool. Store in an air tight container for 4 days.
- Once completely cooled down you can add your chocolate chips, don’t add before cooled or they will melt.
- If you don’t have honey you can also use maple syrup.
- If you don’t have all the needed nuts feel free to sub with what you have, you need 1 1/2 cups total.
- Feel free to swap out the dates for other dried fruits.