Oh, this is so good! I didn’t plan to make a Fried Chicken-Keto Friendly recipe. I just started putting things together one day because I was tired of having the same chicken recipe several times a week. The result was an amazing chicken dinner, my husband, who isn’t gluten or dairy-free said I could make any time!
These are crunchy and taste very much like a regular chicken tender. They are easy to make, see the recipe below for step by step details.
I used pork panko crumbs. These are made from pork rinds and are Paleo and Keto friendly and zero carbs! They sub 1 to 1 for regular bread crumbs, are gluten-free, carb-free, and sugar-free.
Have you ever made chicken tenders and the bread crumbs fall off during cooking? The pork panko crumbs stay put when frying and don’t get soggy, I was pleasantly surprised. These would be great on a salad, to coat on veggies and bake, top a gluten and dairy-free mac and cheese, and you can also use it to sub almond flour in recipes.
I am very excited to create new recipes using these. Comment below if you’ve used these and tell us how you used them!
Fried Chicken- Keto FriendlyCourse: Dinner
1 pound of chicken tenders- I use Springer Mountain
1 cup Pork Panko
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp nut milk of your choice
- Heat a pan to medium heat and add 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
- You will need two large bowls, I used my 9″ cake pans. Add the eggs and the nut milk to one cake pan and the remaining ingredients to the other.
- Whisk the eggs and milk until throughly combined.
- Add the pork panko and spices to the other pan and stir to combine.
- Lay your chicken in the egg mixture then flip so both sides are coated. Using a fork transfer the chicken to the panko mixture, Press the chicken down-this helps the panko stick, flip with tongs, and repeat.
- When your pan is heated gently lay the chicken in the pan. Mine took 3 minutes on each side. Use a meat thermometer to check doneness, the chicken should be at 165 degrees.
Looking for more delicious chicken recipes? Check out these easy and delicious recipes.